Bookcover of West Felton
Booktitle:

West Felton

Ruyton-Xi-Towns, Rednal And West Felton Railway Station, Grimpo

TurbsPublishing (2012-05-03 )

Books loader

Omni badge eligible for voucher
ISBN-13:

978-613-9-35587-7

ISBN-10:
6139355877
EAN:
9786139355877
Book language:
English
Blurb/Shorttext:
Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. West Felton is a village and civil parish in Shropshire, England. At the 2001 census the parish, which also includes the settlements of Rednal, Grimpo and Haughton, had a population of 1,380.The village originally grew around a Norman castle, whose motte lies next to the church. It was recorded in the Domesday Book as Feltone, and as "Felton by le Knokyn" in 1303. The name Felton probably represents a combination of Old English feld, "open land", and tun, "settlement".The old ecclesiastical parish of West Felton contained the townships of West Felton, Sutton, Rednall, Haughton, Teddesmere, Woolston (now in Oswestry Rural), Sandford and Twyford. The modern civil parish has similar, though not identical, boundaries. The parish church, which has a 12th century nave, is dedicated to St Michael, and has a chapel of ease at Haughton.The ornithologist and poet John Freeman Milward Dovaston was born in Twyford.
Publishing house:
TurbsPublishing
Website:
http://www.betascript-publishing.com
Edited by:
Erik Yama Étienne
Number of pages:
112
Published at:
2012-05-03
Stock:
Available
Category:
General Social sciences
Price:
178.23 R$
Keywords:
England, civil, Chapel, West, parishes, North, EASE, Shropshire, Felton, Woolston

Books loader

Newsletter

Adyen::mc Adyen::visa Adyen::cup Adyen::unionpay PagBrasil Wire Transfer

  0 products in the shopping cart
Edit cart
Loading frontend
LOADING